My kids are so funny and are growing up so fast. Haylee and Ethan were talking at dinner and asking each other questions. I think they thought I wasn't listening. Here's what I heard...
Ethan: Hay who do you like?
Haylee: I like Weston, he's really cute!
Ethan: I don't know Weston.
Haylee: Well, me and Weston like each other.
What? Aren't you supposed to be shy and embarrassed at 5. Crushes are things you giggle at with your girlfriends and tell them not to tell. Now a day the kids tell each other they like them? I told Haylee's friends mom this and she said, "Camden says that they want to kiss...they haven't kissed yet but they want to kiss." again WHAT? I am so not ready for my kids to grow up, and I am defiantly not ready for teenagers:)
Then when Andy was supposed to be putting the kids in bed I heard them in there wrestling. Ethan started crying and Andy told him not to be a wuss and get him back. to this he replied, "Dad, I use all my energy during the day so at night I am weak!" I just sat there and laughed in the other room. They are so cleaver and come up with the best excuses. I can't get enough of them.
3 comments:
Just to clarify--Camden was saying Haylee and Weston want to kiss, not Camden and Haylee :) If that makes it any better. They are so funny! I love Ethan's quote about using all his energy--that's what happens to me too!
Is Haylee already turning into her mom :) Payback, jk.
That is a funny story of Andy and Ethan. It reminds me of when Andy was a kid. Andy cried a lot. I bet he's glad he's got a big sister with a long memory. So tell Ethan, it's ok to cry. We love him!
Post a Comment