Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Last Night:(

Aunt Sam, Uncle Luke, and cousin Jack left one week ago today, after being here for almost 6 weeks. It was really hard saying goodbye the first time they left but it broke my kids heart to have to do it again! They were here for so long it almost felt like they never left. Haylee was so excited they would be here for her 1st recital at her new dance studio.
After her performance we went to our house for some yummy Navajo Tacos, banana splits, and games.
Ethan holding Jack for the last time (with tacos all over his face). Jack is half the size of Ethan, and yet my kids still insisted on carrying him everywhere!
We rocked out to Guitar Hero! Thanks to Sam and Luke who gave it to us for Christmas:)
All I wanted to do for the last time was to hold my sweet nephew and rock him to sleep (mixed with tons of kisses) but my little Avery Loo was not sharing her mommy long enough for me to get to do that....so guess who got to?....Uncle Andy (secretly I think he preferred him)
Did I mention I have the sweetest baby?
Lots of Kisses to make up for the times when shes not here.
Seriously Luke I have no pictures of you where you were not making this face so Sorry, Avery smiled cute in this one so this one made the blog:) We love our Uncle Luke. Ethan just wanted to play Tiger Woods golf with Uncle Luke the entire time he was here and they finally got their chance. That's all he talked about the next day.
I can't look at this picture without the tears starting to form. I am so blessed to have such a close sister! I really miss having you and your family just minutes away...a phone call doesn't compare.
We hope you had a safe trip home. Good Luck Uncle Luke this Semester...and with any luck we will see you over Spring Break!!!

6 comments:

sillyhaywardfamily said...

It is so hard saying goodbye!!I hate having to do it!! But just think they get to spend the whole summer in utah!!

brit said...

I am so sorry! I know that you guys are super close. I can't imagine if Heather ever moved away & I know it would kill my kids! Hang in there!!!! & email me so I can send you the recipe club link so you can start posting your recipes for sammy! britfullmer at yahoo dot com. love ya

Jessica G. said...

Oh so sad! Goodbyes are so not fun. Sorry to hear that Sam is gone for a while.

luke & sammy said...

So there are some great pictures of me! Thanks for the tears again, I wish I was there getting some love from avery, I love her kisses! Hope to see you guys soon, it has only been a week and it is draggin on so hopefully we'll survive!

Tiff said...

O.K. Im crying! That is the saddest picture of Sam and Haylee crying. You are so lucky you have sisters, I can only imagine how great that is! Luckily I have great friends instead. By the way I love the dance outfits so cute did you put her at studio 1?

Erin said...

Thanks for always commenting on my blog and for being such a great blog poster. I love reading yours and seeing all your fun pictures. Okay I am really coming over this week because I have to snuggle Avery and get me some of those kisses!