Monday, January 28, 2008

"Too Blessed to be Stressed"

Anyone who knows me knows I can be a total stress-case over everything. I worry about dumb things that don't really matter, everything from housework to bills to my calling to...well, Andy's calling. I worry about other people's problems along with my own. Andy is always telling me to, "Calm down...relax". That usually frustrates me more then the actual problem. Well, the other day as I was blog stalking (sorry people I don't know) I came across someones blog who had this great idea. It was called "too blessed to be stressed". Every week she posts about a blessing in her life along with a picture. I think this will be my New Years Resolution...52 weeks of being blessed and not stressed! I really have been blessed in so many ways and I am hoping it will help me not to stress if I take a few minutes and think of how I am truly blessed! So, I am on week 4 out of 52 so here are my first 4 blessings, and the most important of them all!

Andy, Ethan, Haylee, and Avery
They really are my whole world! Everything I do in life centers around them and is for them. They are my GREATEST TREASURES. They have been wonderful blessings and have created so many more wonderful blessings in my life!
To Andy,
Thank you for all you have done for me and our children. I know we have had one crazy life together but it always works out for the best. I can't imagine my life without you in it. You have been my greatest supporter and friend, and I hope you know how much I love you! I am so grateful that we can be together for all eternity (for some reason that doesn't seem long enough). I am grateful for your priesthood and your testimony and the way you bring the spirit in our home. I am grateful for all your hard work to provide for our family so I may stay home with our children. You truly have blessed my life just by being apart of it. I love you Andy!!!
To Ethan,
Your smile lights up my day (no one can resist those dimples). You set a wonderful example to the rest of the family of what we should be doing. You always remember family prayer, and scripture study ( he is the only one at the moment reading scriptures with the family and on his own). I am so proud of how well you are doing in school. I appreciate all the help you give to your sisters. They are so lucky to have such a great big brother! I am proud of the choices you are making in your life, so that you can get baptized. I love how you won't go to bed until everyone has had a hug and a kiss (even if I do call them excuses to stay up). Heavenly Father has blessed my life greatly by sending you to me! I am a better person because of you:) I love you Ethan!!!
To Haylee,
Your laugh warms my heart. It is contagious. You are my greatest example of how to treat others. You are kind, loving, compassionate, accepting, and a friend to all. You are always worried about others feelings, and you have such tender feelings. Everyone who meets you can't help but love you. You are beautiful inside and out! You are such a great sister to Ethan and Avery (so much they get smothered with love). I love to listen to you sing! I am so proud with how well you are doing in school. I love to listen to you pray (she is great at personal prayer and letting Heavenly Father know what she is thankful for). I love that you love to talk...like mother like daughter (she is my gossip queen). I am so thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me to take care of such a choice spirit like yours! I love you Haylee Bug!!!
To Avery,
You have filled our home with so much love and happiness. I can't imagine life without you. Every time I look at you I am overwhelmed with gratitude for you. Your sweet little face can always make me smile:), whether you have a little lip, or a huge smile. Your little fingers wrapped around mine brings so much happiness to my heart. I wish I could protect you from all the bad things in this life and keep you as innocent as you are right now. I love to feed you, rock you, and sing to you. I love how you are such a "momma's girl". I love how you are "high maintenance" it gives me something to do (24/7). I love how you have made us closer as a family, and more importantly I love how I get to keep you forever! I am grateful that Heavenly Father saved you until now to help me and daddy through the rough patches, you have increased my testimony of motherhood and eternal families. I love you Avery loo!!!

4 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Summer that was the sweetest blog. It made me cry.

brit said...

That is such a great idea. You did an amazing job expressing yourself and I know that they are all blessed by you just as much. I am glad to be your friend! Call me sometime..

Tiff said...

|That really is such a good idea! I loved reading that - sometimes it is very much needed to just relax and think about what blessing we do have! Thanks

SaraColorado said...

That was a sweet posting. I love your picture...you all look just beautiful. We miss you. Come visit.