Our poor baby has had to stay under bili lights to get rid of her jaundice. It is SO hard to make her stay under there! She hates it, and I am sure she feels so neglected and alone. I just sat next to her today and cried with her. It breaks my heart :(
It wouldn't be so hard to stick her there, except she hates the eye mask she has to wear. She has become a pro at pulling it off so we have to put mittens on her so she cant grab it. She has been scratching her cheeks and pulling her hair (really she pulls her hair) trying to get it off. But she does look really cute with the mask and mittens on.
Her body temp was low and we were trying to get her settled down by bundling her up under the lights. We planned on taking everything off once she was settled but she never settled. Alot of good that did making her sit under totally covered.
It has been really hard watching her go through this. Hopefully the test results will come back better tomorrow. We have to take her to get tested everyday until she is better. It is sad, they slice her heel and try to get enough blood to fill a little vile. Friday the person testing her had to slice her heel 3 time ( I was in tears) but today we had the oldest most experienced nurse at the hosp and she was really good Avery did not even cry. The nurses name was Jan and she will be the only nurse allowed to take her blood from now on.
1 comment:
That is so sad! She is still cute even with all that stuff on her. I miss her so much I wish i was there to hold her!
Post a Comment