Tuesday, August 21, 2007

1st Day of 1st Grade!

So who ever said watching your kids go to Kindergarten was hard, never had a 1st grader. Kindergarten was great, it was an everyday preschool (and who couldn't use a two hour break everyday?) But 1st grade is hard they are gone almost all day long! I can't believe my baby boy is this old....but he sure is good lookin'!!!
My big kids (can't really call them my babies anymore) They really love each other!
Best Buds....and all in the same class....we feel bad for Mrs. Warnick.
The neighborhood has a "meet and greet" at the bus stop for the 1st day of school. Everyone brings a breakfast food to share. Haylee and Raoh loved the cinnamon rolls.
So, I thought for sure I would cry as I watched him leave but....he did all the crying (not because he was leaving). It was a long morning getting everyone ready to go, so it was kind of a relief we made it to the bus! I was glad I got the boys pictures done before they pulled out the chocolate doughnuts, because he looked so cute for his 1st day, and the second the doughnuts came out he had chocolate all over his clothes:( Then the boys chased each other around and Ethan ended up falling and skinning his knees and elbows...ouch (they weren't bad) so then he sat down on the WET grass and cried and of course I was holding Avery so I couldn't pick him up. I kept trying to convince him to come home and change and I would just take him to school, but obviously missing the bus the 1st day was more traumatic then going to school with a wet bum!
When the bus finally came he hurried and got up and grabbed his bag and was ready to go. He kissed me and ran to get in line. So, after all that I did not cry I walked home proud of myself for handling 3 kids on our 1st real busy morning, and not losing it myself. And who really cares what Ethan looked like this morning (secretly I do, but don't tell anyone) There is always tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that, maybe by the last day of school we will have it all together...here's for hoping.
I was trying to get a picture of Ethan as he got on the bus...can you see the chocolate on his shirt, his poor skinned elbow, and his red eyes? Hey at least we tried!


No comments: