Saturday, October 20, 2007

Winter has hit early....


Today has been crazy. Besides waking up feeling all flu like (head ache, achy body, sore throat, and fever) and having to let the kids run the house (and they did do what ever they wanted) it started snowing and before Halloween! I was really hoping for a decent Halloween so we wouldn't be cold trick or treating. Well at least the kids were excited.


The kids were so funny today. The poor things were left to fend for themselves and I must say they did a pretty good job. They started their morning with a bowl of Rice Krispies (thanks to Ethan) and some fruit bowls (by the end of the day they had eaten 12 fruit bowls combined) then they moved to video games (the DS, playing mario kart together) and pretzels. I left them alone for a few hours and laid in bed with Andy (who has gotten the flu from me). Andy finally got up around 1 and went to get lunch at panda express. When I came down to eat at 130 the kids had cleaned the kitchen up (to the best of their abilities) and I must say they did a great job! So we had lunch and I went back to bed. I came down later to check out the situation and they had been playing golf on the wii, acting out stories with the flannel boards, and played with magnetic building blocks (it was a mess, but they were entertained) I started helping them clean up and I found an empty box of granola bars, half of the loaf of bread was gone, bowls of milk on the table which once contained cocoa puffs, and I am sure there are other things that I had no idea about and they wont confess to. At about 5:00 we called the kids up to our bedroom and asked them what they wanted for dinner (like they could stomach any more ) They said they did not know so we told them to go make mom and dad dinner and bring it to us. They decided they could make toast so off they went. We snuck down to watch because I have never let them use the toaster on their own. Ethan sat on the counter next to the toaster swinging his legs and humming along to Haylee's song which went something like "No doubt this is the best day ever" while she twirled around around the kitchen. They were so cute they came and asked us our fav color ( so they would know which plate to put it on ) and then they served it with all our fav toppings. I had plain with just butter, and Andy had peanut butter ( our fav kind, they are so smart and are aware of everything ). But I finally got a day to rest ( I will pay for it later ) and a little bit of sleep (only when Avery wants to sleep ) and I do feel better. I came downstairs to start repairing some damage and it was snowing. The kids got ready and ran outside and I grabbed the laptop and went back to bed.

1 comment:

Bart and Ashli said...

I can't believe the picture of the snow!! I hope you are feeling better real soon. What great kids you have!