Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Avery Gwen gets blessed!


We blessed Avery on Sept.30th 2007. This day was one that has been long awaited for. We have been waiting for what seems like forever to have another precios spirit in our home, and the last couple of years have been rough but after this day it finally feels as if things are falling into place. It was almost perfect. The only problem was she did not like her dress (and really who could blame her with all that lace in her face) and she really really really did not like the bow (I think she will be our little tomboy). It was so great Sam and Jack got to be here for it, but there were still a few members of the family we wished could have come too (aka the Ellertsons and Luke....we sure wished that Jim and Luke could have been there to be in the circle) Andy did a wonderful job on the blessing and the spirit was strong. I am so blessed to have a husband who is worthy of his priesthood and who works so hard for his family. We are truely lucky to have him as a husband and father. We are still so blessed to have so much support from our families and friends. The day was wonderful and I really appreciate all of you who helped to make this day one we will never forget! I appreciated all of you who helped with food and setting and cleaning up. Lunch was wonderful and we had a great turn out so there wasn't a whole lot of food left over (except the chicken salad we ate that for a week:) Thanks mom it was delicious). Avery did so good at church (which was nice because it was an extra long meeting, we had 2 blessings and the primary program, so it turned into a 2 hour meeting) and she didn't even cry during the blessing, but she cried on the way to church (she hated that I put her bow on and then to top it off i stuck her in her car seat:( ) and then after church she was starved and couldn't stand the dress any longer. If you can tell she was cring in alot of her pictures but we did get a few cute ones with a smile. I had to feed Avery as soon as we got home and by the time I went to get pictures of all 3 kids together, Haylee had already changed her clothes, and her and Mary had put on bright purple eyeshadow and lipstick (we love kids makeup) So the pictures with all the kids are funny but I won't forget them anytime soon. All in all it was a day to cherish forever.

3 comments:

Cari said...

Oh my, so precious! Thank you for sharing such a special day. You have a beautiful family. Isn't life grand? I'm so happy for your family.

Ashli Miller said...

Those pictures are so special. I am so glad that I got to share that day with you and your sweet family.

SaraColorado said...

I really like the pictures from the blessing...that was really creative the way you displayed them. Wish we could have been there, but I'm glad that the day turned out so well for you all. My family says it as really really nice. Love you guys!