Thursday, September 18, 2008

Surgery Day!


Our day started at 4:30 am. We had to be to the hosp and registered by 6 am. Avery had a great time in the waiting room.


They did a quick weight and vital sign check and then we put on the awesome hospital jammies!

Avery got a new bear to take to the hospital and she didn't let go of it the entire time! It got to see more then we did.
The Before
"The Double-toe"
Avery seemed to really enjoy the liquid sedative. Her body seemed so heavy and she kept smiling. She was so funny.


This is how I coped after they took her into surgery! I headed immediately down to the cafeteria at 7:30 am for a large Diet Coke! The doughnut was just my second choice!

The surgery was over just after an hour. The surgeon said it went well. In fact, he said it was one of the most boring surgeries he has done! Ok he didn't say that exactly but pretty close:) after 2 hours we got to go see her.

She was crying when we got there but I rocked her for a minute and she snuggled right up and went back to sleep.

She was so bothered by all the stuff they put on her feet. Who could blame her?

After she awoke she was starving! She was still loopy but sugar water is so YUMMY!

She had a hard time waking up. She just wanted them to take everything off her and let her sleep.

When we got home Ethan and Haylee had a Get Well Present for her!

Her first purse that sings! She loved it. Avery's good friends brought her a "new piggy" to replace the one she lost:(

You can't really see how cute this piggy is! It dances to the chicken dance. Avery wasn't sure at first but she warmed up to it and likes to dance with it and kiss it's snout! Thanks Barretts!

I have to brag about how great my neighbors and friends are! So many of you helped me out so much today. Thanks for the sweet gifts, dinners, support, and love! I am so grateful to all of you who helped make my day just a little bit easier!

P.S. Thanks to Aunt Ally who spent the night and got no sleep and took care of Ethan and Haylee! We love you!

8 comments:

Marcie said...

YAE! GLAD THINGS WENT WELL. SHE'S SO ADORABLE. CALL IF YOU ANYTHING AT ALL. LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

You know... just because you mention me on the blog doesn't make up for the lack of sleep and orneryness that ensued the following day!

just kidding, you know i love you & the kids more than anything. Glad I can help!

xoxoxox, favorite aunt ally

luke & sammy said...

Oh my poor Avery Loo. She looks pretty cute in that hospital gown though, I am sure she was a pretty funny baby all drugged up!

luke & sammy said...

by the way I am the favorite aunt. i will always beat ally even though I don't live close by because I gave them Jack. Don't let them forget that.

Tiff said...

I am so glad it went good! She is so cute! You were very brave I am proud of you!!!

SaraColorado said...

Glad it all went well. I wish I could have been tehre to help out you and every one. I miss you guys. Hope I see you soon...probably TGiving time. Give Avery and the kids love from Auntie Sara.

Marva said...

You do have great neighbors! I'm glad all went well.

megship said...

Oh, Summer, you must have just been dying to see your little baby in the hospital!! She does look adorable and what a tough little cookie! I love the scrunchy face at the beginning. I am trying to catch up on blogs, so sorry I have been a poopy commenter.