Saturday, March 1, 2008
Where have I been?
I have had so many phone calls from all of you fellow bloggers wondering WHERE I"VE BEEN! So, I'll tell you...No, I haven't given blogging up, or changed my blogspot address. I have 3 kids, a husband, and a house!!! I have dropped the ball and have been chasing it for about 3 weeks (man those things roll fast:) ) Let me start at the beginning. About 3 weeks ago Avery began being extremely clingy, and fussy. She started waking up every hour at night, and would not take a nap unless she was sleeping on me, and then she would only sleep for about 20 min at a time. After a week of this I got really behind on the housework. In my attempt to regain control I made every one chore cards (including me and Andy). Not even 24hrs later Avery started running a fever, only of about 99.5, and was struggling eating solids and would only nurse on one side at a time (We haven't used the chore cards yet). I took her to the Dr. the next day. My pediatrician was out of town so I saw the Dr. that was filling in, he told me it was just a phase she was going through, and they don't consider it a true fever until it is at least 100.4. So we went home and just kept doing what we were doing. Then, drum roll please, my washer and dryer broke!!! SO now I have laundry everywhere, bathrooms that were screaming to be cleaned, and a sweet baby just screaming! I hadn't slept in over a week and was just a tad frustrated. Blogging now took a back seat to LIFE. Presidents Day rolls around and the Repair man came and fixed my washer (the aggitator dawgs were broke) and Dryer (moisture sensor came unwired). I recruited my mom to come run errands with me, because I still can't figure out how to shop with 3. Avery cried the entire time we were out and I only did half of the errands I needed too. I did however purchase a high chair which I meant to do since Christmas. We came home and as I was putting the High Chair together I noticed Avery's mouth was stark white! I then knew the problem....her thrush was back. I packed all the kids back into the car and headed to the instacare (crying the whole way). My friend just happened to be working that night so she put our name on the waiting list and got me into the best Dr. there. The Dr. took one look at Avery, who was now covered in very small red dots over most her body, and said she had thrush that had gone on for so long that it was now Hands, Foot, and Mouth Disease. She also said she was in a lot of pain...then the tears came again and a few choice words. She said her throat was raw and all her symptoms (eating, slight fever, not sleeping) were classic signs of it. I was so mad (that the other Dr. should have caught the thrush before it went down into her throat) and really sad that she was in pain for so long. We got our prescription and headed to Walmart, I fed my kids dinner at almost 8 o'clock that night at Walmart while waiting the 25 min (which turned into almost 40 min) it took for them to fill the prescription. We did 7 days of 4 doses everyday of the prescription. She started doing better but not 100%. Then Sammy and Jack flew back last Mon. for Jack's 1st birthday..Yeah! I threw him a fun surprise party with both sides of the fam there. I just kept feeling like Avery was still sick so Tuesday I took her to our pediatrician. Sure enough thrush not gone, and throat still raw:( So we are on round 2 of antibiotics and doing lots better:) Sleeping schedules are still off but we are working on it. Ally's birthday was on Wednesday so we partied some more and ate 10 different flavors of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake (picts to come). Then we had Haylee's birthday party today at the Kangaroo Zoo (her bdays tomorrow) it was crazy but so much fun, and we will party again tomorrow! Anyway Long story short ( not really thats just what you say ) kids feeling better, no more bdays for a while, caught up on laundry (got behind again,but am almost caught up), and most of house cleaned and sanitized (Thrush and Hands foot and Mouth very contagious had to bleach everything!),and sanity slowly returning...I think I'm back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Wow! How crazy! Maybe you can do what I do and decide February didn't count. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to look up!
What a crazy few weeks for you! It is so frustrating for me when my babies are sick because I never know how to make it all better. I'm glad that life is starting to get back to normal for you.
Welcome Back! That sound pretty crazy! I am sorry you had to go through all of that. I know that when my life gets really crazy it makes me really grateful for when things calm down and life is normal again!
Oh man. If I were you, I would have gone to the fill in doctor and whomped him up one side of his head and down the other. But I'm glad to hear that she is doing better, that your washing machines are working, and that you are finally getting sleep again. Don't you like how everything happens all at once?? Luckily there is an end to trials. Love you gal!
I know that keeping up with blogging is difficult, but what the demanding blog-readers need to understand is that "actual" life is more important that "virtual" life. Sorry that Avery has had such a rough go of it lately. Poor little chica! Glad you had fun with Haylee's birthday. I'll look forward to pics (no rush) and I need to get pics of Rory's b-day too on my blog as we had a good time. I have a gift for Haylee (waiting to be shipped). Miss you guys!
holy cow! I am so sorry for you and for Avery! I hope she is feeling better. Way to go on being super mom!
Holy crap sum I am tired just reading that - that was crazy! I am sorry what a rough couple weeks!
I am so glad that things are starting to feel normal again. We missed you at Recipe Club but hopefully you can make it next month. Glad Avery is doing better!
k-sorry, whitney, alan & lincoln topham is Brit. My niece was signed in & I didn't realize it. I'm sure you were like..."who the crap is this?"
Dang doctors! It was the doc that wasn't da Boo's normal pediatrician that gave her a shot of antibiotics...she ended up in the ER, too. So sorry it's been a madhouse! And would you call me when you need help? Seriously, I'd love to take your kids for an hour or two so you can make emergency trips. The Boy would love having another male around to play trains with.
You are SO excused from blogging. Poor Avery. I am glad you posted this though because Isaac has started doing the same thing. Anyway, next time life goes nuts, don't worry about blogging but do call so I can come and collect your laundry or hold Avery for you so you can get a break. :)
Thrush Sucks. Josie and I fought it off the first two months of her life. If your still nursing- jock cream (fungal cream) on you really kills it. So gross-right? Just make sure you wipe it off you before you nurse and then put it back on you after your done. That way you won't keep passing it back to her. It is on you too!!! Ekkks did I just post that! It was recommended by my sister and my doctor. Also rub her mouth with a dry q-tip really hard and scrap as much of the thrush you can out before you swab her mouth with her prescribed medicine. Love ya.
Post a Comment