Sunday, February 10, 2008

Week 5: Blessed to have a little boy with a big heart and empty tummy:)

After church today Ethan came up and handed me a brown sack. He looked at me and got sad. I asked him what was the matter and he said, "I made you something but it broke" I told him it was ok and looked in the bag....here's what I found...

a pink heart shaped valentine cookie, with a bite out of it! I started laughing and he said he was sorry but it was lunchtime and he was so hungry:)
Come to find out there was candy all over it too, that "broke" off and so he ate them. He asked if he could finish the cookie ( it was obviously taking all his will power not to)!
It really is the thought that counts!

10 comments:

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Hey at least the cookie made it to you!! Craig taught them about loving their families, and He obviously loves you enough to share his cookie(minus the bite and candy)!!! Ethan is too sweet!!! We love that boy!!

The Kelly Family said...

Ah, that's a cute story. I'm not sure I have that much self control when it comes to cookies either. Your such a good mom to "share" the rest of it with him :)

luke & sammy said...

That is my Ethan, at least he tried!

Jessica G. said...

I am impressed that Ethan contained himself after taking only one bite! Now that is some serious will-power...I would have given in before the frosting was even spread.

SaraColorado said...

That's hilarious! We love Ethan and miss him! That's a fun story you can all laugh about someday! Lov eyou guys!

Jodi said...

Too adorable- I know how he feels! I am always so starving at church that I sneak a few of Callie's goldfish whenever I can!

Erin said...

Haha! Tell Ethan that even when you are a grown up, food sometimes gets "broken". Sometimes mine breaks on the way home from the grocery store, and just this morning I found that Bryce had "broken" one of my two mini twix candy bars that even had my name on it!

The Larsen's said...

haha that makes me laugh. What a cutie!

ALI said...

that sounds like something Jake would do to,that's cute. I would have eaten it to.

Angee said...

Laugh out Loud