Saturday, August 9, 2008
A Streak of BAD Luck...
If you haven't heard already we are supposed to be heading towards California tomorrow morning, bright and early (well probably dark and early;) ) So why is it that nothing can go right? Everything that could go wrong...has, and when I think it can't get any worse...it does! Well, I woke up around 4:30am and to my surprise the worst problem so far....Avery is running a fever! OK, SERIOUSLY! So, I have been up for about 2 hours and am sitting here trying to get Avery into her pediatrician. Well, I just got ahold of their answering service and their whole office is closed today! I can go see a different Dr. at a different office that we have never been to before, but they don't have any of her past medical history, and I need her to be better by tonight. I know I just need to FREAK OUT for a minute and then I can pull myself together and get ready to go. I just hope it's nothing serious and we can get it worked out fast...with an antibiotic, I hate when they say ,"it's just a virus, it will work itself out!" it usually takes to long to work itself out. So here goes my day of Dr. appts, housecleaning, laundry, packing, shopping, weeding...and probably a thousand other things that need to be done. After everything the last 2 weeks we need a vacation....and I think "the universe" is making us earn it! WISH ME LUCK...I will need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Stupid Universe! You have so already earned it by putting so much awesomeness "out there". Maybe Avery needs to try being more awesome and thinking healthy thoughts. JK- of course Avery couldnt be any more awesome. I hope you made it to California and that everyone is feeling well.
I had no idea you were going to Cali! Where you going? I am sure her fever will go away and you will have the time of your lives! Have fun!
Hey Summer it's Julie -Jessica's sister from California. Hope you have a great time while you're out here! And as for things going wrong - don't worry - that doesn't happen here in Caliornia. Things are always super smooth - super sweeet..... JOLT! RUMBLE JOLT!
Crap! Was that another earthquake?????
Call me if you need a doctor!
Julie
Ah, yes. We went up to Vail for our Anniversary this past weekend. I got a txt from our babysitter that Rory was running a 103.9 fever, so I was on with an advise nurse, had our good friend/bishop go give him a blessing, and yes, I freaked out for several hours. The next day, he felt like a rock-star. I hope she's doing okay and that you'll have a nice time afterall. Our 3-day weekend worked out, but it felt like the universe was conspiring against us too. Good luck and love to Avery and all of you.
Post a Comment