Friday, February 1, 2008

Best Friends Share Everything!

Haylee woke up today and was feeling a lot better, although she was still running a low grade fever. Because it was Friday and I am always afraid we won't be able to see our pediatrician if we need to I made an appointment...just in case. It was a good thing we did too because....it was STREP! I didn't know that throwing-up can be a sign of strep, but it can. I always bribe my kids to get the penicillen shot instead of the prescription, because it works faster. I give them $5 to spend at the toy store, it is also cheaper then buying the prescription because my insurance pays 100% of the shot. Haylee was hoping just a little bit that she could get the shot because she has never gotten paid for a shot before (it's her 1st time with strep) and she really wanted a new toy. But, when she found out it was strep and she WAS going to get a shot she flipped out! It was a little difficult (ok really difficult) to get her to lay down and expose her bum:( I felt like a horrible mom forcing her to do that, but I really needed her to so she will feel better faster, and she can go play with her cousins on Sunday. It only hurt for a minute and then she was psyched (yes psyched) to go to Walmart's Toy Store. Haylee and her sore Bum....
But YEAH she got a new Barbie! Could being sick get any better?


After the toy store we headed to the Insta Care ( I know she's not the only one with a problem). I took 3 kids to the Insta Care so I could be seen. It wasn't as bad as I would have guessed although I was afraid someone was going to catch something much worse then what we already had. I had to go for a UTI (too much info?) It was hilarious to watch Ethan's face as I told the Dr. my symptons. After the Dr. left Ethan asked if boys could get "boy problems" like girls get "girl problems". I told him they can have "boy problems" but they are nothing like "girl problems" and he could ask his dad what those problems might be:) I think he was a little scared to think of what issues he could one day have to face. Now that we are medicated I hope tomorrow will be better:)

5 comments:

luke & sammy said...

Poor Haylee and her cute little bum! Tell Ethan that he is darn lucky to be a boy! Us girls have it rough so I am glad we bot had a fun day at the doctors and got everyone better!

Lindy said...

Oh my gosh, I'm dying--I'm so sorry Haylee has strep. That's what she gets for being best friends with a strep carrier! I really am so sorry! At least she will feel better soon. I hope we have put an end to all this strep throat crap. Hope you are still my friend. :)

Summmack said...

I probably should have added that in no way do we hold Camden responsible for our illnesses! We love Camden and can't wait until everyone is well so we can play:)

sillyhaywardfamily said...

So glad haylee is feeling better, because I don't know how much longer I can hold molly off from invading your house!!!

SaraColorado said...

I didn't even know that there was a shot for penicilin. Good to know! Glad she is feeling better. Miss you guys!