Monday, June 2, 2008

Like Mother Like Son

For the most part I am the klutzy one in the family. But every now and again someone else takes the title. Tonight Andy took Ethan outside to have a catch. This is something they have been doing pretty regularly. About 10 minutes after they went outside I heard screaming. Andy came in carrying Ethan. I asked what happened and Ethan turned his head...
They were playing catch and Andy threw Ethan the ball. Ethan got distracted by something at the park and turned his head. Andy yelled Ethan, and Ethan turned just in time to see the ball smash into his forehead! Poor kid...Andy felt so bad:(
Andy iced the wound for a while and it actually went down. The goose egg was actually much bigger. It was so big that I gasped loudly when they came in the house. It made Ethan cry harder.
We decided not to put Ethan to bed (even though it was 9) and thought we should monitor him for a while to make sure he didn't have a concussion. We turned on Alvin and the Chipmunks and had a family late night. Andy even went and got Artic Circle ice cream cones for everyone!
Avery was really concerned for Ethan. Every time she would look at him she would start "the lip" and start crying. After the crying stopped she kept trying to climb up the couch to see him.
Ice cream makes everything better!

6 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Poor Ethan. Sorry you got that bump. But thats a pretty cool battle wound. and hey you got ice cream out of it, woohoo!!! I hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Dustin and Cassie said...

Summer- you cant keep making up stories ...we all know that you beat your children...lol...just playin...that is a huge bump! Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon!

Tiff said...

Saw the bump it really is terrible I am not going to sugar coat it!!! We really should have done those pics yesterday afternoon cause that is going to be around for awhile! Oh & the whole forgetting thing I am totally in the midst of it - I don't no what to do I am so bad so I have started cutting things out so I can focus more on my kids and stuff might be an idea!

Erin said...

Ethan's sisters are sooo nice to stay up late watching movies and eating ice cream with him!

Ellery said...

Ouch! that is not fun! glad he is ok. that is soo cute about avery. its amazing what babies pick up on. what a sweet heart.

Faiz said...

hi. nice to see your blog about ur family