Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cheers and Toasts!!!

Tonight I put the kids to bed early. They have been staying up past their "extended summer" bedtime for the last several nights. So to my relief they were in bed by 8:30. I started putting laundry away and quietly snuck into Haylee's room. To my surprise I saw this....

and then heard this....
Haylee: Sorry mom I couldn't sleep!
Mom: Well, it is really hard to sleep while hosting a TEA PARTY!

The guest list (from left to right) Littlest Pet Shop Turtle (yup..that's her name), Snuggle Bear, and Lizzy the Leopard. Apparently there was a dress code because they all arrived in their finest dresses! Little girls are the BEST!

Do you think this happens a lot? Maybe I should always check on them approximately 1/2 hour after I put them in bed.


7 comments:

luke & sammy said...

She is such a girl, I love it! Tell her I want to be invited next time!

The Larsen's said...

OH SUMMER THAT IS SO CUTE!!! I want a little girl!!!

megship said...

Ok, now THAT is funny! When are we gonna do some lunch??

Erin said...

Girls are so cute. I am so jealous! It would be nice to walk in on a tea party instead of mud being shoveled into a mouth or everything in the bathroom being thrown into the tub:).

TheShippenFamily said...

That is so cute. Ella is already asking when she can come play again.
I agree with Meghan lets go out to lunch while sammy is still here!
Thanks for the pavers I got exactly the right amount.

SaraColorado said...

She's having a summer tea...such fun. I wish I could have come and had a crumpet with her. She's a doll! A good dancer too--saw her recital and she's the best one there!

Jessica G. said...

Too cute! Boo does stuff like that it just makes up for the drama she produces during the daylight hours. :)