Memorial Day....first we headed to my sister Nicole's grave. I always look forward to visiting her grave every year. When I was growing up visiting her was exciting...I am close to all my sisters and it is exciting to think there will be one more sister to "clash" with:) I am so excited to eventually have a BIG sister in my life!
My parents and my sisters came to show how much they love and miss my baby...I could never have moved on with life without their support!
Daddy and Avery snuggled as we thought about how crazy life would be if we still had our sweet Aiden!!! We really miss him and wish he was still here.
Ethan and Haylee searched and searched for as many acorns as they could hold.

After they thought they had enough they decorated the grave with them...
Jack and Aiden would have been best buds...Ethan and Haylee love Jack so much, we love having a cousin on the Shippen side

The finished product...
Aunt Avery is learning to love Uncle Luke...she is coming around;)
Our whole family
We think the cemetery we picked is beautiful, especially on Memorial weekend with all the flowers
After Aiden's we went to Gammi and Papa's Grave. We weren't the 1st ones there either. We brought the orange mums to add to all the other beautiful flowers. We miss you Gammi and Papa. I wish my kids got to know you better!
We had a great day visiting all those that left us behind. I know that someday we will see them again, and I can't wait! I can't wait to hug my sister, and gossip about all the other sisters. I can't wait to hold my sweet baby boy in my arms and sing to him, rock him, and kiss his sweet little cheeks! I can't wait to see him smile or hear him laugh! I can't wait to hear his 1st words, or see his first steps, and I especially can't wait to have him in our home with us forever! It kills me a little bit each time I have to leave him at the cemetery! I love you Aiden Rex! I can't wait until my kids and I get to spend time with Andy's Grandparents, and really get to know them.
The finished product...
We will always remember those who left before us....
6 comments:
Such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.
That brought tears to my eye! You are such a strong person & I feel so lucky to know you. I am so glad that Jess brought you to recipe club & that we didn't scare you away!
This is soooo not waterproof mascara and here you go, making me cry and stuff.
Beautifully written.
Summer that was so beautiful. I love your cute family, you guys are so blessed!
Ok, it takes a lot to make me cry....geez! I also had no idea you lost a sister! Wow, what an incredible family you guys have! And as for your anniversary? Congrats! We love you guys!
That is so sweet! I love Memorial Day...just a day to "remember"!
Post a Comment