Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Best Birthday EVER!!!

Every women dreams of those few days a year when they are pampered (Mother's day, Anniversary, Birthday!) and like most of you I usually set my expectations a little high (or way high) thinking that everyone around me (aka my hubby) will just want to run ragged all day just to please me! He usually does a pretty good job of trying to meet those expectations....but this year he went above and BEYOND!!!! My Birthday actually started early this year. We met for lunch yesterday where he showed up with this....
a NEW PHONE! This will be the first phone I have ever bought that did not just come free when you sign a contract. I love it! It does so many cool things. The kids even recorded Happy Birthday on it so when my phone rang today it was my kids singing to me:) The next big surprise....he told me he took work off this morning so he could take me to brunch! I love breakfast foods, but don't eat them that often...because I usually don't find the time to cook in the morning. Fast Forward....to today, get up...get the kids ready (I only had to yell once and then pull the "it's my Birthday" card and everybody got ready fast) Kiss the kids goodbye...send them out the door to the bus and the next thing I know they come back in holding this...
Andy told me they were sold out and he couldn't find one anywhere...and I believed him! I was truly surprised! The kids were so excited to give it to me....that is always the best when they are excited over giving someone something! We played on it this afternoon and IT ROCKS!!! It really is fun and quite the workout. I will post a Wii Fit video of how hilarious it is to play. Next, Andy bathes, dresses, and watches Avery while I shower and WASH my hair...always a good day when I get to shower without interruptions:) Then he took me to...
for brunch. I ordered a mozzarella and avocado omelet, with a tall glass of OJ...it was so Yummy! Sam and Luke came with us and we had a great time(it is so fun to have them home!!! We really miss them when they are gone:( ) Then we went to the movies. I've wanted to see 21 for a while now and it was at the Dollar Movies (SCORE...fun and cheap!!!) They had free popcorn today too...wish the guy working wasn't so busy, so that he could get us some. In fact he was so busy that he made us late for our movie because he wouldn't take our money so we could get a ticket. We were the only ones there...the theater was empty!! Obviously there is more to running a theater then selling tickets to the movies;) Despite a few setbacks we had fun and I liked the movie ( I have funny pictures from the theater but they are on my phone I will figure out eventually how to post them)

After the movie was over we ran to Barnes and Noble and Andy got me this...

So excited to read it! Then we headed back to Grandma Kathy's house to pick up the girls. Grandma Kathy, Great Grandma Shippen, Haylee, and Avery went to McDonald's for lunch and then back to Grandma Kathy's to play. They had a lot of fun (Thanks MOM for babysitting...I love you) I took the girls home, and Andy headed to work (somebody has to pay for all my gifts!) and me and the girls cleaned the kitchen and rotated the laundry (I know it doesn't stop even on your birthday) Then Ethan came home and we had all these plans to go to Pudding on the Rice, and then to the Disney Store together, but Avery fell asleep and took a nice long nap...and anyone who knows Avery knows you don't wake the princess when she's sleeping! SO, we stayed home and played games together instead. We played Sorry for a while but it was taking forever and the kids were getting bored, so we watched Cartoons (they watched cartoons...and snuggled with me while took a quick nap) then we played a couple songs on Guitar Hero together. Soon after that Avery Loo woke up and we headed to my mom's for dinner. She got KFC for birthday (nothing like fried ckn, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw on your b-day...I liked it!!) and Sammy made us a chocolate pudding cake ( thanks Sam ) ! It was a great Birthday...one for the books:) Thanks Andy, Ethan, Haylee, and Avery for loving me so much and being so great on "my Birthday" and thanks to my family who does so much for me and loves me too! I love you too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME....(at least for 1 more hour)

12 comments:

The Larsen's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUMMER!!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! Your family is so good to you, that is awesome they made your day so wonderful! I love you gal, Call me when you get a moment.

Erika Quaife said...

Happy Birthday Summer! I wish a great year! Is this #25?

Erika Quaife said...

I meant to say I wish you a great year! whoops.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Happy birthday!!! I am so glad you had a fun day!!!!

Ellery said...

Happy Birthday!! Isnt it so nice when the husbands come through!! Every mom needs a day like that! Sounds like a great day :)

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a super fun day!

Ashley Eliza said...

Happy Birthday SuM! love you! Looks like you had a great day!

Tiff said...

Holy cow that sounds like the best birthday ever! Im glad you had a good day you deserved it!

megship said...

Geez, I think Andy can give some pointers to the Shippen boys!!!! That sounds so fun! When are we getting together????

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you had a great day that you deserve...expectations or not! I would love all those things too, maybe I'll have to give bigger hints next year!

Jessica G. said...

Happy Birthday, babe! Glad you had a great one. And I wanna come over and try your Wii Fit...I want one of those.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I want to try your wii fit too. I'm debating on splurging and getting one (and the console).