Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day at the Aquarium...

We had no school on Labor day so we decided to go the Aquarium. It was so much fun ( it wasn't sea world but good enough for Utah). Gma Kathy, Aunt Ally, and Aunt Katie came with us. We saw lots of cool things but were really disappointed that they did not have a tide pool with star fish in it to play with like at Sea World. I think that is why my kids wanted to go because I told them I thought there was one. But besides that minor set back we had a good time.








We saw "Utah fish" which was soooo exciting (sense the sarcasm) and very informational. Then we went to the ocean side of the aquarium which really was exciting. We saw eels, an octopus, jellyfish, huge lobsters, sea horses, sharks, and "puffer" fishes (don't know what they are really called) They did have a tide pool with sting rays for us to touch the kids were hesitant but eventually did it. They had a little play area that looked like a coral reef for the kids to play in and take pictures. Even Avery thought it was cool she was wide eyed the whole time (except the pict at the top when we were going through the "Utah fish" exhibit) We bought a season pass so I am sure we will be going back a few more times.








1 comment:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I must say this is a Utah attraction I have not been to. I think someone in my major did some PR work for them and said it is way cool. Now that I've seen the pix and heard that it was worth going to again, I think I'll drop by in the near future.

I love the picture of you and Haylee hugging...so tender. :)